Car Rental Agreement for Self Drive Tanzania
This rental vehicle Contract (“Agreement”) is made between Self-drive Tanzania Limited (“Operator”)
and Client (“Hirer”). The following is agreed:
RE: CONTRACT FOR CAR HIRE (SELF DRIVE) BETWEEN HIRER AND OPERATOR
This Document is drafted as binding agreement between the hirer and Operator, you will be required to sign before leaving with your rental vehicle and is enforceable according to the Tanzanian Laws.
1. VEHICLE DESCRIPTION AND TERM OF HIRE
(a), The Operator will rent and the hirer will take, the motor vehicle, details of which are set out in this contract (“Vehicle”) for the term of hire as described in this Rental agreement.
- I/we…………………………………………………..am/are hiring Vehicle No……………….. for
Self-drive with Operator, Hired for a period of……………. ………From (time)…….…………
date……………..…date of return of vehicle………………………..
2. PAYMENTS BY HIRER
- The Hirer shall pay the Operator for the hire of the Vehicle the sum or sums agreed upon as per your Booking Payments can be made in Tanzanian Shillings: ………… or USD
………….. Or Euros…………………… as per the operators standard exchange rate. Dollars Notes
accepted by the Operator starts from 2009 print notes and above.
- Payments for the rental are always made cash upon arrival or by bank transfer to our USD plrier to arrival 2 weeks before arrival or Visa credit card 14 days before the start of the rental with the extrabank Sur charge (4%).
- In addition to the payment specified in section (2) (a) above, the Hirer acknowledges that she/he will be liable at the end of the hired period to pay the Operator any applicable additional charges that may raise in the time of the rental, these may include charges for extra days used, late return contrary to the time agreed with operator‟s
Traffic fines and street parking tickets /fines must all be settled by the hirer during the rental period.
- The fuel / oil expense will be met by the hirer of the vehicle during the period of And a client is supposed to take regular maintenance and checks on the car for the rental period.
3. USE OF THE VEHICLE
The Hirer must not:
- use or allow the Vehicle to be used for the transport of passengers for hire or reward unless the Vehicle is hired with the Operator‟s knowledge for use in a passenger service licensed and should not exceed the carrying capacity of the car as per the insurance Licence or the number specified on the
- sublet or hire the Vehicle to any other person or allow the Vehicle to be used outside his/her authority thus those not party to the a contract;
- Operate the Vehicle or allow it to be operated in circumstances that constitute an offence against any law in Tanzania & other east African community countries (Rwanda, Kenya & Tanzania).
- operate the Vehicle or allow it to be operated in any race, speed test, rally or contest;
- Operate the Vehicle or allow it to be operated in breach of the
- Drive the Vehicle on any roads contrary to section 7, 8 and 9 of the Agreement.
- No replacement or substitute of any parts or accessories of the vehicle without the knowledge and approval of the operator.
- To propel or tow any vehicle on trial without the consent of the
4. HIRER’S OBLIGATIONS
The Hirer must ensure that:
- All reasonable care should be taken when driving and parking the vehicle whereby if the damage occurs then it‟s the responsibility of the hirer to pay /meet the costs of repair.,to check oil and water levels in the car at the same time to take fuel from responsible major fuel stations..
- No body would wish to have a flat tyres, but it can happen any time as youre on the road, all costs of tyre repair is on the cost of the hirer but when it‟s beyond repair a new one will be bought by hirer at a shared cost
- Should a warning light appear on dashboard, please notify (SDT) of the problem
5. OPERATOR’S OBLIGATIONS
The Operator will supply the Vehicle in a safe and road worthy condition, displaying valid Third party insurance.
6. MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
- If the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair regardless of cause, the Hirer shall notify the Operator of the full circumstances
- The Hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or leave the scene of accident before police inspection or without the Operator‟s
- In case of an accident, the client is supposed to make a statement to the nearby police If the statement is found to have some fraudulent intention, person will be Liable of making a false statement when they knowingly and willfully falsify, conceal, or cover up by any trick, scheme, to a fine of extra $3000
- If the vehicle requires repair attention, the operator shall arrange repairs to the vehicle within a reasonable time frame depending on the location of the breakdown, if the breakdown was as result of breach of Section 4, that the hirer will be required to pay the repair
- In case of mechanical breakdown we provide replacement car within 24 Hours in Arusha head office and 72 Hours across border, the operator is responsible for the replacement car fuel as the hirer is responsible for the fuel of the broken down car to return to Arusha Tanzania ( Operator address)
- Speed limit in national parks is at 40kmhr, any accident arising inside ant protected area or national park is 100% a responsibility of the hirer to settle the matter to zero, please note that insurance doesn’t cover any damages caused within the national park , like knocking wild animals and fines and accidents within national park the hirer is reliable to solve his
The Operator‟s rental fleet is insured under a policy of motor vehicle insurance (“Policy”) from a person or company licensed to carry on insurance business in Tanzania as per the Tanzania Insurance Act.
The operator‟s Insurance Policy Carters for Only the Vehicles, Head on Collusion and theft for the Vehicle and doesn‟t provide Personal Life Insurance for the occupant so you‟re required to come with life insurance from home country and may have extra Insurance. This Insurance does not cover any damage caused by negligence such as driving under the influence of alcoholism , wheels/trims, cigarette burns
(Our vehicles are all non-smoking), punctures, damage to radio covers, Passing through water and the engine knocking not allowed
In the event of an accident please
Immediately notify the police if another party„s guilt is to be ascertained or if any person is injured
- Therefore clients are entitled to make Police Statement when he or she gets accident because it is basis for the police report and operator will base on this claim from the insurance for the damages to the
- The Excess insurance charged by the operator will vary depending on the car type: Toyota Rav4 USD 500 and Land cruiser Prado TZ & TX 1000 USD, Luxury jeeps: LX 7.0 Series, V8, GX, TXL land cruisers Excess insurance is US$ 2000.
- The hirer will comply with the terms and conditions of the insurance policy and pay the owner any excess in the event of the claim
- Rooftop Tents and camping gears are not part of insurance in case of any damage, the client is shall pay the costs of replacing the tent in the original cost as per the Quotation from Manufacturing Tentco at $$$1000.
IMPORTANT: The Operator is not providing insurance services to the Hirer. The Operator manages the insurance provided under the Policy (UAP insurance company). The Operator reserves the right to determine whether or not to claim under the Policy. In the event of damage to the Vehicle, the Hirer agrees to immediately contact, and solely deal with the Operator.
- THE HIRER WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER THE POLICY (and therefore is personally liable for all damage) if–Note: Areas where client is 100% responsible for damages on the car:
- Driving in excess of speed limits calls a fine of 80 US$ as per Section120 Traffic Act, Keep the 80Km/hr. on high way and 50km/hr. in
- Single vehicle accidents or rollover, will call in a fine of $ 1000 USD plus the Excess in section 7 of the Agreement.
- Damage to the vehicle caused by careless, reckless driving, Engine Knocking (passing through deep water, calls Fine of US$ 1000 for Rav4 and Toyota Land cruiser US$ 1500.)
- Damage to the vehicle is caused by lack of proper care as clause 4
- Driving on restricted roads / areas like off- tracking in Tanzania National Park
- During weather conditions like rainy season the client has to take care when driving in muddy areas and avoid passing in deep
- Underbody coverage, damage to the underbody of the vehicle is considered a result of careless
- Cross Border Insurance: Our vehicles are insured for use in Tanzania only, Hirer shall not attempt to take the vehicle Cross border without prior consent from the operator and hirer must buy COMESA insurance which is processed by the operator at 40$$$$ for 20 Days or less days.
- Clients going cross border must provide proof of an exit confirmation from the foreign country visited and failure to do so , will be subjective to surcharge of 200$$$ to drive the car back to that country to
- Use of fuel from restricted petrol stations, clients is supposed to take fuel from only Total and Shell petrol
9. DRIVING TIME & ADVICE.
- The vehicle has to stop operation at 7:00pm and should start at 6:00 am ( East Africa Standard time) SUN RISE TO SUNSET anything that happens beyond the mentioned time the hirer will pay for all the damages to the car on top of 1200$ fine, unless consented by the
- In the even the car is hired with adriver ,the Driver guide will stop driving at 7:00pm and night game drives are subjective notification to the car hirer
- Speed Limit in National Park is 40KM/h and don‟t go off track , whoever does it, he is at his own risk any penalties resuting from it, the hirer is 100%responsibe for any penalties/charges
- Animals in the National Park have 100 % to the Right of way and clients are to be 100Metres Away from the Fierce Animals like Elephants and the operator will not be liable for damages to the car. And accidents in the park ,the client/hirer is responsible for the charges and fines ,
10. Fuel & Gasoline
. 11.No credit will be given for unused fuel at the end of the rental and no refund for unused days
11. RETURN VEHICLES
At the start of the rental, the Hirer shall mention the last destination where the car shall be picked from by the operator, deliver the vehicle to the place of business of the Operator or obtain the Operator‟s consent to the continuation of the hire (in which case the Hirer must pay additional hire charges for the extended term of hire).
12. Breach of the Contract
- Any addition and alterations to these terms and conditions shall be Null and void unless agreed upon in writing by both parties and signed by the
- In case of the accident the client will be subject to a driver for the entire remaining trip period at extra fee of USD 40 in Tanzania and 50$$ in foreign country per day.
(T) The operator requires you to notify your final destinations on arrival.
Start ……………………. …………….Destination………………………………………………………. Any
Diversion from the Mentioned Destinations you are Reliable to Penalty Operator
SIGNED ………………………………………. Date………………………..
Signed ……………………………………………. Date……………………
Please for Urgent help and change in the travel plan contact us via this number Call on: